Bachmann O-gauge BR 03 diesel shunter.

I've just uploaded some pictures of pre-production samples of their soon to be released O-gauge brass BR class 03 diesel shunter to the files section of

Yahoo group for those interested in the current railway & modelling scene.

These are official Bachmann photographs, and the manufacturer states that there are still a few adjustments that need to be made to certain areas, such as the texture and extent of the running plate. They say these will be refined before production commences.

Both painted and unpainted versions will be available.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I've just uploaded some pictures of pre-production samples of their soon to be released O-gauge brass BR class 03 diesel shunter John.

Hmm, me thinks I need to see the bank manager about a second mortgage ! D2070 in Blue.... Oh Yes !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

But I bet the DJH R-T-R shunter is better........

:-)

Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote

But I bet the DJH R-T-R shunter is better........

I saw that advertised in MR this month. It struck me as odd. Are they BOTH new products then? or has one teamed up with 'tother to produce it and selling under two brand names? Just thinking along the fact that Bachmann started the O gauge Mk I coaches and then sold the production to Tower Models, although I guess still made in the same factory as Bachmanns new models?

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

I think you'll find they are two separate products, the Bachmann example in brass and DJH producing theirs in white metal.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

I think you'll find they are two separate products, the Bachmann example in brass and DJH producing theirs in white metal.

John.

I should have gone to spec savers.... That's all clear to me now! Ta John.