Bachmann Website and Inlay Card Error

Probably not of much interest to many here, but I noticed a while ago that Bachmann incorrectly stated on their website for the new Standard 4MT Mogul that:

"...All Southern locomotives had BRIB [sic] 4725 gallon tenders, which were high sided and had nine ton coal capacity. Locomotives from other regions had BR2 and BR2A tenders of 3,500 gallon capacity, holding six tons of coal..."

Unfortunately as far as information I've read goes, it's wrong as quite a few of the BR(S) allocated Standard 4MT Moguls, mainly the lower numbered ones (76005 to 76029, with a few exceptions), started their life on the Southern Region and had BR2 or BR2A tenders from the outset and they never changed (I gather most BR Standard locomotives didn't change tender types during their lives, though I could be wrong).

However, I think it would be true to say that all of the Standard 4MT moguls that had BR1B tenders were allocated exclusively to the Southern Region.

The reason I bring it up now is that I just read the blurb on 76069 model's inlay card, and it repeats verbatim what was on the website, and is therefore still very wrong.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now... ;-)

Reply to
Ian J.

Considering it isnt unknown for the label to disagree with the contents of a Bachmann box, think youre being a bit hopeful there.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon