Ballast and points

Dear all A while back I remember seeing a post about ballasting above point motors that are mounted from underneath the baseboard,(hole) with out getting ballast into the point motor. It was so simple yet clever,but I don't remember how!! Anyone got a better memory than me? Rob

Reply to
Rob

Slip a bit of thin card or paper between the points and the baseboard with a tiny hole in it for the rod of the motor. I confess I thought of this all by myself ... but I understand that it's very old hat and all I've done is re-invent the wheel. Someone else has also published this tip recently.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Thats the one! Thanks all

Reply to
Rob

I think this is a tip that a few people have picked up from my published hints and tips - it is a technique I have been using for about 25 years!

My variation is that I use paper and I glue it to the underside of a turnout, then fit a Peco motor and then glue the whole to the trackbed. I don't slip paper under turnouts after laying. Most card is too thick and will create an unlevel rail head.

Graham Plowman

Reply to
gppsoftware

I wish I had thought of that before gluing the points down!!!

Reply to
Rob