Bluebell line.

I was watching a TV programme today (Bargain Hunt. BBC) and they showed an 0-6-0 loco and tender steaming on the Bluebell line. I imagine it is a pre-grouping type, painted (almost) emerald green with lining. I can't really identify it from my old "Observers book of British Locomotives" :-) Anyone know what it is?

Regards, Greg.P. NZ.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

If it had been an old orange boiler blowing off a lot of hot steam, then it would have been easy. David Dickinson.

Ronnie

-- Volunteer guard on the Great Central Railway, Loughborough, Leicestershire Visit the world's only double track preserved steam railway!

Ronnie Clark

IIRC, it'll be either the SECR O1 or the C (though I think the C is out of use at the moment, so it was probably the O1)

Ian J.

(memory like a sieve)

Reply to
Ian J.

I'd almost decided it was an SECR C from gazing at the Observers book! Of course after the short glimpses at the prototype and the longer time looking at little grey photos, anything starts to look like my memory. I'll go look for an O1 :-)

Thanks, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Gregory Procter

It's probably here.

Andy Kirkham Glasgow

Reply to
Andy Kirkham

Thanks Andy, it's the SECR O1 _and_ the TV programme has to have been made in the last 5 years, as the loco only returned to service in August 1999!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

"Well, Bargain Hunters, we've found this metal object, formerly attached to some rolling stock, which appears to have the word 'OLEO' cast into it; looks like it could be a bit of a buffer...."

I'll get me coat.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher