Carriage lighting

Can anyone recommend a good source of conversion accessories to close-couple a rake of coaches and light them?

No. 1 Son is getting ambitious :-)

Also, the piston rod on my Hornby Mallard just snapped. No warning at all, and not bent or anything, it just snapped, the end fell off and it started running badly. Bah.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Have a look at the just published 'Hornby' magazine, covers all you want to know about both.

Reply to
Keith Patrick

For lighting, google for "super rollers" these are pickups for OO axles allowing you to get the juice into the carriages.

Alternatively, I believe Etched Pixels (google again) have some etched brass pickups for N coach bogies. It may be possible to persuade them to do a OO test etch on the edge of another etch.

You can get strips of LEDs ready wired with resistors from Rapid Electronics.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

You can find a range of lighting (and smoke) kits at:

For close coupling and corridor connections check out:

MartinS

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 16:15:08 -0500, MartinS said in :

If that stuff is anywhere near as easy as it looks, he deserves to sell it by the shedload. I might well dip my toe in that particular water, given the rather modest pricing. Thanks for that in particular.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

They certainly improve the appearance, at least on straight track.

Some types of coach need a bit of surgery to install the couplings.

Reply to
MartinS