Class 20.Farish (new type)

How do you remove the body off the chassis. Thanks Paul

Reply to
paul

"paul" wrote

*IF* it's the same as the original Farish model you need to carefully remove the separate plastic front to the long bonnet to reveal a single fixing screw.

Be careful though. Removing the bonnet front usually results in its securing clip snapping off, although the front can be glued or fixed in place with Blu-Tack or similar.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I picked up a Railfreight grey one at the Leamington show (Sorry John!) and can confirm that the chassis appears identical to the original Farish 20 chassis althought the new loco does have a balanced armature. The chassis is held in by a screw concealed by the nose end, the nose end on my new 20 is held in by a plastic clip at the top, I would suggest using something small and thin such as a jewellers screwdriver or perhaps a feeler guage to depress the clip from the top before pulling the nose out. The older Farish 20 I have has a round peg on the nose which loosely fits a hole in the body and fails to secure the nose properly but is much easier to remove!

HTH, Ian

Reply to
Ian