Class 56 funny colours?

Hello,

I was just travelling up the M1, coming up to Trowell, and saw a Class 56 on the line. I was surprised doubly firstly because I never thought I'd see one of these loco's under its own power again and secondly because it was in a really odd colour. It was green with standard yellow ends, but has yellow flashes and what looked from the brief look I had to be numbers or possibly letters down the side. Can anyone tell me what this is - hopefully with a picture!

Thanks for any help Paul

Reply to
SpuddyMcFuddy

Was it this?

Not green I know, but sometimes the ambient conditions play tricks.

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

Thanks for the quick reply, I think that may be it! How many other trains can there be like that !!!

Nice to see the grids surviving !

Reply to
Paul Woodroffe

I know it mentions that they are getting/have 3, but how many are actually in service? And does anyone know what the original numbers where ?

Thanks again

Reply to
Paul Woodroffe

Could it have been the Fastline 56?

-- Craig

Craig Allan

Sounds like one of Jarvis Fastline Freight's recently refurbished class 56s.

56 302 (ex-56 124) has been on commissioning tests between Doncaster and Derby all week. 56 301 (ex-56 045) has gone back to Brush at Loughborough for rectification work.

Nigel J. Rollings

"Paul Woodroffe" wrote

56301 & 56302 are current Network Rail certified I believe and 56303 is expected to follow in due course.

Both of these Jarvis Fastline locomotives have just (re)entered traffic after a major rebuild by Brush at Loughborough. I think 56303 is being tackled elsewhere.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but if you scan through the news at

, you'll find the answers. The first test runs of

301 were last week I think.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B