Customising Hornby track

Dear All,

Usual story (I expect) - Built layout when I was 8-15 then girls, sport, college, univ, job, wife, kids happened. Now at 36, kids are old enough and keen on trains enough for me to start planning a layout after 21 year gap. I did acquire some rolling stock during a brief batchelor period. I have enough Hornby Blue Coronation coaches to run at least 4 eight coach trains now... but enough.

After agonising over plans and whether to go Peco or Hornby for choice of track, I am back to Hornby. Why?

I only have my sons bedroom floor to work with. I have 6 base boards (constructed 6 years ago) which combine together to form 6 ' by 7 '. My kids (9, 5 and 2) want to enjoy the fun of assembling the track and just playing. I need a simple to assemble system and Hornby is just the job.

But here is the challenge, I need a few custom track sections. In particular, I would like a diamond crossing on a curve i.e. not two R600s which cross but an R600 crossed with an R606. How could I make this or acquire this or assemble this?

Please, anyone's thoughts or experiences in building track.

Alex Stanier

PS Can anyone recommend any Stanier tank kits in 00? Or Brakevans?

Reply to
Alex Stanier

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote

It's maybe easier to build, but not to wire!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yup.

"You can't win" "You can't break even" "You can't get out of the game"

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Thanks Gents,

I suspect build>> "Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote

Reply to
Alex Stanier

I have found the reverse. The dimensions of your diamond crossing need to be more precise compared to a simple turnout.

Reply to
Terry Flynn