DC-ing a DCC loco

This may sound a bit daft. I bought a DCC equipped Hornby loco (the LMS 2-6-4T) the other day. How do I convert it back to straight DC? It runs OK
on my layout but emits a worrying loud hum. Is there some kind of blanking plug which fits where the DCC gubbins are located? Who supplies it if it exists.
Alistair Wright
"Alistair Wright" wrote

Bachmann produce a blanking plug which should fit the Hornby 2-6-4T - we have stock of these.
John.

Alistair