DCC and Suethe unit

Can someone please tell me which wires to connect to a suethe smoke unit. I have a Digitrax DH 123 and the 3 wires available are white blue and yellow. I think blue connects to one side of the smoke unit and the white and yellow to the other. As these are originally for directional lights, do I have an on off control, and if so, which function (F0?) Thanks all Rob

Reply to
Rob K

You'd best check the current draw on the smoke unit. Most Digitrax HO decoders are rated at only 200mA for ALL function leads COMBINED. Draw more than that and you risk cooking the decoder. The newer FX3 (third generation FX decoders) are rated at 500mA total for functions. If the unit draws more than that, you'll need to try to find room for a Large Scale decoder - some have outputs up to 1 Amp.

I wouldn't connect all three wires to the unit... use _either_ yellow OR white on one, and blue on the other. White is the front headlight, yellow is the rear. Both are usually controlled on F0, and operate directionally. They _can_ be programmed to be on without regard to direction - you probably would want to do this.

Reply to
Joe Ellis