Dead Doctors Railway Special

Did anyone see Dead Doctors (Heartbeat) last night?

Not just old regular 'time-machine' 80135, but shots of the yard, sheds,

6-wheel tanks, a class 24 at speed and.....there was one shot where there was something in the blurred distance that definitely looked NSE blue... :o)

Oh, and did I mention the thrilling stuntwork atop the speeding 4-wheel vans?

And it seems 60's Yorkshire has lost it's Schools class and gone for some WR... :o)

Entertainment overload! (!!)

~Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs

This certainly wound up a few people in uk.rail. It was certainly full of holes but so what. Kevin

Reply to
kajr

"Fil Downs" wrote

Only temporarily - it's apparantly away in Lancashire having new tyres fitted and will be back quite soon.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

Traction tyres?

Reply to
David Jackson

Is it tender drive too!!!!

Reply to
Piemanlager

Not....

For incognisances it has got to be one of the best yet, for any factually content it has to be the worst...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

It needs them on that bloody 1:49 gradient from Grosmont! Once when I was there, Repton had to stop at a failed signal just short of Goathland. There was a spectacular display of smoke and steam as it successfully restarted its train and made its way into the station.

Reply to
MartinS

You sure it wasn't Sir Nigel?

Aidensfield - forever lost in the sixties. G-registered cars never co-existed with BR steam!

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

No it was coach length, very blurred behind someone being interviewed....and a yellow line along the top of the blue...or perhaps it was just a psychodelic dream, maan.

I'll have to get some screen grabs, say "Computer, enhance!" and I'll probably get the number...

~Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs

Of course, the programme could only be factually incorrect if Adensfield Station was being presented as a British Railways station. However, the programme producers neatly got round that by placing it on something called 'Northern Railways' according to a sign in the station. Was this an early example of privatisation?

Pat Hammond Publishing, PO Box 199, Scarborough, YO11 3GT, Tel: 01723 506326, E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@mremag.demon.co.uk

Read 'Model Railway Express' Britain's leading and FREE online magazine for railway modellers. Updated DAILY with approximately 2,000 daily readers. News, Model Reviews, Book Reviews, Articles, Classified Ads. You will find us at

Pat Hammond
[ re Hertbeat ITV1 23.04.05 ]

Adensfield

It could only have been a preserved line in the 1960's, how many BR trains were running over preserved line back then ?!

Face it, the story line was crap, the acting was crap and the production qualities were crap - some of the 'on top of train' stuff was better done back in the 1950's with back projection...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Agreed unlikely, but not strictly true! The "G" year suffix was issued

1st August 1968 to 31st July 1969.

The official "Last Steam Train on British Railways" ran on 11th August 1968 so there were eleven days when it "could" have happened, not necessarily in North Yorkshire but Southern and Western Region locos weren't prevalent there either!

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

"David Westerman" wrote

I once saw a Schools class at York working a special.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

necessarily

prevalent

In August 1968 ?!....

:~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

LOL - think it was a bit earlier than that.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

A summer Saturday from Bournemouth?

Reply to
MartinS

Or something left over from pre-Grouping?

I remember seeing a leaflet holder emblazoned "Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway" in the parcels office at Bradford Exchange in the 1960s.

Reply to
MartinS

Keighley & Worth Valley?

Reply to
MartinS

Salvé :::Jerry:::: skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:426e0f00$0$82665$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.white.readfree news.net...

I think the best old bit of film that I've seen that was supposed to be taken on top of a train (LNER I think) was in a George Formby film about him and a horse called maneater... cant remember the name( in Swedish it was called "Flygmalajen till Häst"............) but the rooftop bit was good :) cute nurse too :) beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Salvé John Turner skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:d4le6i$jpn$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net...

ah! York in the late 60´s.....spending time on the highest tower of York Minster throwing paper aeroplanes down to see if we could hit american tourists......... Well it was for an art college......... beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf