DON'T Spot the different rails

Having just followed the two links supplied in the previous thread... The site seems to have been hacked in some way. The page that opens says something like "This page has been hi-jacked by the Turkish something-or-other". I closed it pretty pronto.

Mr Norton's software didn't detect anything nasty when I visited, but I don't recommend it.

the CORRECT address is

I suggest you don't touch the .htm page with a barge-pole.

I'm off to run a full virus scan...

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

Has anyone informed rails about the hacked page?

Reply to
John Ruddy

Oh yes, before I posted the two links. There's nothing nasty virus/script-wise on the hacked page. So don't panic if you've visited it. I don't post links to viri as a rule. Well, not on Monday's anyhow....

~Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs

It's not a virus, it's an entry in their mysql database. Easily removed on their part by using something like phpmyadmin to access the database.

No need to worry on your part :)

Pete

Reply to
mutley

To me it is a bit odd that only one page has been taken over by someone or some people, and not all the site. Could it be that a rails member of staff is mucking around ?

On the other hand if it has been hacked could you trust rails to keep your details secure, the data base and IT for rails must be very big as they seam to have 1000`s of things on Ebay alone every week, plus the adverts in the railway press etc so they must have a lot of peoples credit card data and emails etc there, I'm hoping it is a staff member myself !

Simon

Does any>> Having just followed the two links supplied in the previous thread... The

Reply to
Simon Judd

Page source

...Ya Musluman olacaksiniz ya da yok olacaksiniz...

...This web site hacked by TURK HACKERS Ghosts & KARA

...Muslumanlar Her Zaman Bir Tek Devlet Gibidir;SINIRLAR VEYA ISIMLER ONEMLI DEGILDIR....

Reply to
Bob

If it's an insider then you should be even more worried about your card details.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

most likely how they got tooled in the first place - various default scripts are installed with MySQL/Postgress and other "free" engines... base installations leave these in place and provide a great way of accessing someones stuff - prolly found by scanning a large array of address for the relevant port and then hammering it to see if the security is poor - evidently. Standard script mokey tactic - not really a "hack" i.e. doesn't take much intelligence to do and loads of stuff exists to allow any one to do it. A real hack demonstrates skill and cunning.

Reply to
unclewobbly