Emma

Has anyone else noticed that "Emma" only seems to post in threads dealing with Lima, and the drivel "she" spouts is universally uncritical. I, for one, am getting a bit fed up with it.

Note to Emma: You might get taken more seriously if you contributed more and on a broad range of subjects in this newsgroup.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Better have a word with the moderator, then. ;-) Doesn't Turnpike have a filter (aka killfile) function?

Reply to
Dave Fossett

=>Has anyone else noticed that "Emma" only seems to post in threads =>dealing with Lima, and the drivel "she" spouts is universally =>uncritical. I, for one, am getting a bit fed up with it.

Aw, gee, so "Emma" likes stuff that doesn't meet your high and certainly more valid standards. And you can't take that?

Tough s**t, John.

I'm for one am getting more than a little fed up with people who think their standrads are the only worthy ones.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Just try mis-spelling a word and see what flames you attract.

:-)

IGMC.

-- Brian "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you, but just because they are out to get you doesn't mean you have to make it easy for them."

Reply to
Brian Watson

Defininetely!

David ;-))

Reply to
David F.

Grape Western

Reply to
Gene

"John Sullivan"

And All Hornby????

You should get yourself a lima class 67 John. Mine can handle trains on par with a Bachmann 37 and the 67 runs superbly. Yes, there are two traction tyres on a couple of the 8 wheels but you can replace Lima's wheels should you absolutely feel the need. I do however agree with you that most of the other Lima diesels only run fair and can not handle long trains so well, although my class 60 can pull

13 bachman BRA steel wagons around 2nd radius curves (not tested it up the steeper inclines). As for Emma, yes her/his/its posts are selective, but perhaps like me she ? has limited experience of our hobbies vast range?

hope you liked the Dapol wagons!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

Nice to know that my thoughts have created such interest in the group.

Kind regards

Emma

Reply to
Emma

=>The only standards I am interested in are the ones where the locomotives =>can pull a decent length train and not slip to a standstill when going =>uphill, or when it rains.

Fair enough, but that's no reason to slag someone who likes what you find inadequate for your purposes.

In any case, OO outdoors is a challenge I for one don't wish to take on -- so more power to you, in all sense of that phrase!

HTH&GL

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

"John Sullivan" wrote .... locomotives

Wow, Do you really still run when it rains? That has to be fun with things like long coal trains etc!

And I souldn't think there is much danger at 12V, other that the 12inch to foot operator getting wet! :-)

Got to say John, I agree with what you said in a previous post, I just hadn't picked up on it all till you pointed things out (Facts?)

Andy

home of the Churnet Valley Model Railway Department

Reply to
CVMRD

it's called a tent with no sides.

:)

mutley

Reply to
mutley

we call em "cabanas" (spelling may be dubious) down here...but who cares, we all know what he means ;-))

Mal Oz

Reply to
Drac

"John Sullivan" wrote

I think ywhat ou refer to is a gazebo.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

Yes, indeed, that is what it says on the box (I know, because I just went and looked).

However, it's not what I would call a gazebo (but we'd better not get into that, or we'll be here until Christmas!).

Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan" wrote

Are you planning on going somewhere else? I reckon I'll be here at Christmas! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

What may i ask is this thread about?

Ian Gearing

A closed mouth gathers no foot

Reply to
Herman613B

"Herman613B" wrote

I was wondering that, but at least (s)he wasn't slagging me off on this occasion ............. for once! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Mr Turner, I am a little surprised by your little comments below, and a little disappointed that you need to bring my Gender into the thread by using the (s) he comment.

Just to clear this up I am 100% female, kind of sad you need to use gender, rather low.

Regards Emma

John Turner wrote:

Reply to
Emma

Isn't a tent without walls called an awning?

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

In message , Emma writes

If you want to be referred to by gender-neutral pronouns, then we should start using it and its instead of he/she and his/her.

That is not gender, but sex.

Reply to
John Sullivan