GCR Marylebone tag

Can anybody identify this metal tag? It was found in a railway carriage. The text reads "G.C.R MARYLEONE CARMEN 297", and the tag measures approx. 1 1/2" by 2". A photograph is here:

.

Reply to
James Goode

The URL was split in the message.

But when I put it back together again and saw the picture it looked like a payroll tag used to identify somebody when they picked up the pay packet.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Christopher A. Lee" wrote

Yes I'd agree; very similar to other payroll tags I've seen.

John.

Reply to
John Turner