Bachmann Class 04 motor

Can anybody identify the motor inside the Bachmann class 04? I have an old 04, but the motor is burnt out. Bachmann call the part 350-106.
A photograph is here: http://jgoode.co.uk/imagepreview.php?/Misc/P8250040
Thanks,
--James.
"James Goode" wrote

You should be able to source a replacement from Bachmann (either direct or from one of their retailers). It's probably produced in one of the Bachmann factories.
John.
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:37:38 +0100, John Turner wrote:

Tried WD-40, it's worse now.
Bachmann will send me one for £12.50, which seems reasonable.
Thanks,
--James.

Lesson 1. Keep WD-40 away from the model railway at all times.

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

It has its uses, but not for squirting on motors.
In the past I've found it invaluable for use on Wrenn & Hornby Dublo chassis where the wheel axles have seized into the chassis block. It not only frees them in time, but provides lubrication too.
With any chemical the rule 'test it on something that doesn't matter' applies.
John.

WD40 ("Water Displacement" product attempt number "40" for protecting aircraft and missile wings etc from moisture see http://www.wd40.com/news/in-the-news/so-whats-in-a-name / ) is designed to leave a sticky residue to repell water, this has the unfortunate effect of collecting dust and muck and finally gums up the motor. As John says if a bearing has seized it can be usefull for freeing it but then you need to remove the WD40 with eg alcohol before adding a small amount of lubricant to it.
Alan
--
snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@riscos.org