Bachmann Class 04 motor

Can anybody identify the motor inside the Bachmann class 04? I have an old 04, but the motor is burnt out. Bachmann call the part 350-106.

A photograph is here:

Thanks,

--James.

Reply to
James Goode

"James Goode" wrote

You should be able to source a replacement from Bachmann (either direct or from one of their retailers). It's probably produced in one of the Bachmann factories.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Found this :-

Trains On Times have a number of Bachmann motor / chassis units for =A35.99

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Tried WD-40, it's worse now.

Bachmann will send me one for £12.50, which seems reasonable.

Thanks,

--James.

Reply to
James Goode

Lesson 1. Keep WD-40 away from the model railway at all times.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

It has its uses, but not for squirting on motors.

In the past I've found it invaluable for use on Wrenn & Hornby Dublo chassis where the wheel axles have seized into the chassis block. It not only frees them in time, but provides lubrication too.

With any chemical the rule 'test it on something that doesn't matter' applies.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

WD40 ("Water Displacement" product attempt number "40" for protecting aircraft and missile wings etc from moisture see

is designed to leave a sticky residue to repell water, this has the unfortunate effect of collecting dust and muck and finally gums up the motor. As John says if a bearing has seized it can be usefull for freeing it but then you need to remove the WD40 with eg alcohol before adding a small amount of lubricant to it.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

I recall WD40 being 'showcased' on BBC's Tomorrow's World.

A rep from the company sprayed a domestic DIY drill and plug with the stuff, started it up and then put his hand and drill into a tank of water. The BBC guy said he could not do it because of insurance purposes !

Have you tried cleaning the motor with alcohol and testing it again ?

As said above remember to add a SMALL amount of lubricant to it.

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart