Glueing problem

I have a Hornby Elevated Track Sidewall and need to glue it down and to to fix it end to end, and have not yet been able to find a glue that will stick!!

Any suggestions please. (Note some brands may not be available in Australia).

Thanks in advance Peter

Reply to
Peter Prewett

What's the material? What are you trying to glue it to?

If you have tried different glues, did you remove the previous glue _completely_? Etc.

If worse come to worst, glue some tabs where they won't be seen or can be covered with scenic materials, drill holes, and use small screws to hold it in place.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I do not know what the plastic is that is part of the problem it is just a black plastic, incidentally my wife is having trouble with a gate on her dolls house which appears to be the same material.

The Hornby elevated track is a product that is flimsy in its assembly and each section requires bending of wire to hold together the boards and clipping the sidewalls which it will not do unless force or cutting is done.

I had thought of screwing each section but the joins are bad enough as it is. I cannot hide away the joins as it is an elevated section.

I have tried various glues that I have including super glue no nails constructive adhesive and contact.

Each part has been cleaned and roughened.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Prewett