Heljan plans for 2010 onwards

Not the Cauliflower already done a GEM one - tis nice though, one of my favourites. Coal and Johnson engines ok as only done tanks so far. Understand about 4F's but might be safer if they worked back from say 1930's so that periods could be modelled by the addition of a few engines rather than requiring a complete set.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I used to travel from Leeds to Keighley regularly around the time the 142s and 144s were introduced. I always thought they rode quite well at speed on decently maintained track, the worst places being the junctions outside Leeds and a particularly rough spot in the tunnel just before Shipley. I also thought that the 144s felt more train than bus whilst the 142s were the other way round, can't really explain why.

Beyond Skipton towards Carnforth, however, the ride could be 'lively' to say the least!

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint

Reply to
simon g

"simon g" wrote

Ah! I can help with Bachmann new releases.

This week we've received totally new models as follows:

31-425 4-CEP BR(SR) EMU in plain green livery and 31-975 BR Standard 3MT 2-6-2T 82029 (black/early crest)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh great a 4-CEP... according to recent BBC website photos they can be found anywhere on the british railway system and in many foreign countries.

(:-))

David

Reply to
chorleydnc

AKA North Of Watford. :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

And in operating theatres world wide ;-)

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

Paul will know this but, for the benefit of the group, be aware that you can still (just) purchase Alps printers - see

My own transfer range -

are printed on an Alps MD1000. (I do have several spare printers in stock)!

Regards, John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

The message from beamends contains these words:

But only in pairs.

Reply to
David Jackson

What does the BBC know? And why is it on a BBC website anyway?

Reply to
MartinS

That wouldn't leave much space for the anaethetist, nor the equipment trolley!

Reply to
Greg.Procter

I assume the comment was alluding to the fact that the BBC website tends to use a stock photo of a 1st gen 3rd. rail electric to illustrate any rail related news story worldwide ;-)

Reply to
airsmoothed

Which ones do you want? I'm working away at an L&Y Radial 2-4-2t at the moment, preparing a drawing to build from. Following that, I'd like to do a High-Flyer and a goods loco.

Having previously built European and New Zealand models, I'm realizing I don't know some things about British locos that are probably breed into British modellers - an off the top of my head example might be how thick the vertical lamp irons should be.

I could do with having an L&Y modeller to bounce my drawings off to spot the mistakes.

Loco will be milled brass, so I could offer a set of parts at cost price in exchange.

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg.Procter

"Greg.Procter" wrote

I assume there's an L&Y Yahoo email list, but failing that you could try:

There are some extremely knowledgeable members on there.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote in news:9 snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

There's also the L&Y society - which I keep meaning to join myself. Oh and like Greg I'm also toying with the idea of building the iconic L&Y 2-4-2T.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

I've received a lot of info from the L&Y society - I'd suggest it would be worth joining - but how many societies can one join???

Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg.Procter

There are a few societies that sometimes think would benefit from membership, but think its very important that I should be able to contribute as well as recieve info. Dont feel ready to contribute to some of better ones (eg LMS) so not joined. Trouble with one or 2 others (esp professional) is there seems to be a core membership who are really into it and the others just making up the numbers (and paying fees). Nothing here is meant as critisizing any societies, just criteria I use to decide if wish to join.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Hi Simon, I'm mostly German HO, followed by New Zealand Railways G gauge and am just building an L&Y loco because I want one (or more) I have sub-collections of Maerklin and Trix Twin/Trix Express.

I can't join every relevant society.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

"simon" wrote

But you can join their email list (free of any charge) without being a member of the society! Contribution to same is a voluntary thing. I don't consider myself terribly knowledgeable about the history of the LMS, but I have learned a lot from the members' exchange of emails and contributed in a small way.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks for that John, will re-visit.