HO versus OO

International Verkehrsaustellung, (IVA) Hamburg, 1988. I have photos/colour slides of them somewhere.

ISTR showing a DB driver the cab of the 91 - he was well impressed! (the BR driver was a lot less impressed with the cab of the DB 120 which was also on show there).

Reply to
Mike Roebuck

Did your list include gt 18000, Built Brown Boveri Switzerland, then UK BR WR, then ORE test centre Wien, now back at ?Crewe?.

One could always ask the reverse question.

I can get to :

SNCF BB2220 pool in service on tunnel freight traffic; others used by Eurotunnel for testing; one other to Birmingham NEC for exhibition

SNCF BB66400 : 12th March 1993. The first known through working by an SNCF operated locomotive when BB66411 arrived on a VIP special.

66275 66411 66454 were hired by ET but no idea if 66454 made it here; but : hire terminated early 1995

A1AA1A68000 : 20th March 1993 - arrival of the first Eurostar set through the tunnel from France to Britain - hauled by A1AA1A68041 and assisted in rear by BB66275.

Ex DB kofs [323] for Cheriton work, then went to Hong Kong, now back at Ashford, still there AFAIK.

Ex DB 211s at Cheriton.

Ex Poland RO built 0-6-0 DH industrial on Welsh Highland? Ffestiniog? or whoever has them; think there may be another of these at Whipsnade zoo now ???

Ex ZA industrial diesels somewhere, Ffestiniog ?

Ex JR bullet car in NRM.

-- Nick

Reply to
D7666

Yes they are now, but were first imported to Lyttelton, converted to 3'6" gauge then shipped northwards. They were definitely mark 2 coaches in intercity livery I saw in Chch.

DJO

Reply to
DJO

'Twas Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:10:06 -0500, when "Gene" decided to declare:

And OO on 16.5mm track is *even more* underscale for Ireland. We have

5'3" on the prototype. Even at 3.5mm to the foot that comes out at over 18mm

Del.

-- STOP PRESS - Microsoft buys Electrolux and finally manage to produce something that doesn't suck... To email me, you must remove YOURCLOTHES

Reply to
Del The Obscure

Hi DJO, I'm not convinced, particularly as I was living in Chch in 1997 - I've appealed to a higher authority who I'm sure knows the coaches entire histories from building date to today, without need of recourse to written data. :-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Some Cl.126 Inter-City DMUs (the flat-ended type with through gangways and half-width driving compartment) also went to Liberia, for use by the Lamco Mining Co.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

In article , Gerald Henriksen writes

I understood that Bachmann were hoping to do the 66 in both 00 and H0 as well as N with a view to also doing the H0 one in British liveries according to demand.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Hammond

I believe some old Wickham railcars went to some part of (the continents) the Americas. At least one ended up as a house in a slum somewhere (Costa Rica? Brazil? I don't remember where but one of the major railway magazines covered it).

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

(snipped)

Well, the "Double 0 Gauge Association"

does have good intentions on the 00 gauge standards front, but I understand that work is still on-going.

Reply to
Nigel White

Excluding Heljan (no knowledge), Bachmann and Hornby wheels appear to be largely compatible with each other, and should work perfectly well on 1.25 mm crossing flangeways. Peco track, even their code 75 range, uses 1.39 mm flangeways -- despite the fact that they sell significant amounts to North America (N.B. Roger T! :-) ). Modellers need to pressure Peco to tighten up their crossing flangeways: Peco is the odd one out at the moment.

Reply to
Nigel White

Reply to
derbyducks
Reply to
Brian Williams

I'm not sure what Iran did to upset us to deserve them... still, it means they are a long way away!

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

It is more accurate to call it No 2 gauge, simply because the numbering system was developed by a toy manufacturer about 100 years ago. They were not scale models. Now G is a mess, because it is an invention of more recent times, and is used broadly to describe many scales using No 2 gauge. It's better to use standard units of length to describe gauge, and ratio's to describe scale. Then there in no confusion. Thus UK OO becomes 1/72 scale,

16.5mm gauge.
Reply to
Terry Flynn

Where is the RTR track that complies to NMRA standards? SO much for the NMRA standards being useful.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Peco finescale is setting the RTR track standard. All the above manufacturers need to be compatible with this track to stay in the game.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

One of the model railway magazines proposed a scale/gauge description several decades ago: eg (1:)87/16.5 instead of HO, 87/9 instead of HOe (1:)76.2/16.5, 76.2/18.2, 76.2/18.82, etc etc etc (1:)64/16.5 New Zealand 3/16ths(S). (1:)160/9 N scale (1:)220/6.5 Z scale. and so on. That seems to cover it all for me! The prototype gauge of course doesn't appear in the designation, which perhaps is required for non-standard gauges.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

In message , Terry Flynn writes

Eh? Not for OO, they're not.

Reply to
John Sullivan

In message , Terry Flynn writes

You've left a 6 out there. UK OO is actually 1/76.2 scale.

Reply to
John Sullivan

That's funny - it was roughly 1/76 last time I checked, certainly not 1/72.

Regards,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Stephenson