Hogwarts express

Well, I ran this loco and its 3 coaches round the 18" circle under the Christmas tree. The coaches just barely make it - almost touch at the inside corners. The loco has no trouble at all, and runs very smoothly indeed.

Now, what exactly is wrong with this loco? Apart from the 16.5mm gauge, that is. No complaints about the paintjob, etc - it is a fictitious loco after all!

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote

The gauge is irrelevent, the thing is fictitious. Now if you want to compare it with the loco in the HP films then Hornby have used their (ex-Airfix / ex-Dapol) GWR Castle class loco whereas it is a Hall class which is used in the film.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

=>The gauge is irrelevent, the thing is fictitious. Now if you want to =>compare it with the loco in the HP films then Hornby have used their =>(ex-Airfix / ex-Dapol) GWR Castle class loco whereas it is a Hall class =>which is used in the film. =>

=>John.

Well, I have the Bachmann, not the Hornby version.

As for Halls and Castles: unless I see them side by side, I can't tell which is which. Same with Saints and Manors. Maybe I could spot a Hall at a glance if I'd misspent more of my youth in the UK, but I didn't. :-)

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote

The Bachmann one is modelled on a *Modified Hall* which I don't think is

*quite* the right version to replicate the one used in the film, but it's all fiction anyway, so who cares? :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner