Hornby 31 and erratic running with feedback controllers

We've had a couple of customers over the past couple of days complain of erratic running and flickering lights with the new Hornby class 31 when used with back-EMF (feedback)controllers.

We think we've found a solution. If you remove the Hornby DCC socket blanking plug and replace it with a Bachmann 6-pin plug the problem of erratic running and flickering lights seem to disappear.

Can't explain further, other than to say that this must bypass some of the electrical circuitry in the Hornby printed circuit board.

Hope the information is of use to some of you.

Reply to
John Turner

John

Have there been any issues when using BEMF DCC decoders?

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint

"Robert Flint" wrote

I'm running mine with a Lenz Gold decoder and it runs beautifully (after removal of the fan belt drive and the capacitor).

John.

Reply to
John Turner