DCC Hornby Bulleids

Hi,

Has anyone successfully put a DCC chip in a Hornby Merchant Navy. I have two awaiting fitment, which chips would be recommended? I have yet to open my locos up to see how much space is available, would an N gauge chip be required?

Is there much space insdie a Q1? Would that need a smaller scale chips in it?

So far I have chipped several locos, but ones with large space inside the body, I used Lenz LE1024 chips, free wires ones on a couple of Hornby locos (one in my 9F and another in my M7!) and a socket one on my Bachmann 24. I've done one of my Lima 37s.

As an aside, you can see I have quite a mixture of stock, there are two ways I can justify running such a mixture:

1- It is a model of a fictional preservation society. 2- Its my layout so I'll run what I want!

Thanks in advance for any help. David

Reply to
DJO