HORNBY :o)) Q1 has two different smokebox doors / rings

Hi all

I have noticed that the Q1 has two different smokebox doors / rings the R2342, Southern Livery, C8. and the R2355, BR early crest livery, 33037 have the early type of smokebox door with ring and R2344, BR late crest livery, 33009, Weathered has the later smokebox door without the ring. They were modified because it was found the early doors were weak and would not seal properly.

Hats off to "Hornby" :o)) a tick in the correct box well done.

All the best Steve

Reply to
The Parkys

(photographic evidence confirms this) so it is 10/10 Hornby. So we can have affordable, acurate models after all! regards, from another Steve

Reply to
titans

I never thought I'd buy anything made by Hornby but the Q1 has changed that. I bought one at the weekend and I'm really pleased with it. It's also a nice runner straight out of the box. I thought the tender cab sides were wrong at first until I discovered that the side plates actually slide, mine were fully forward but they were fully back in a photo of the real thing and therefore looked different. Well done Hornby !

Richard.

Reply to
Richard J. Webb