Hornby Spares for Carriages

Can anyone aim me at a source of spares for carriages? My particular need is for the glazing strips for the Inter-City HST (R439?) although a source of parts lists for carriages would be useful.

Peter A Montarlot

Reply to
peter abraham

Have you tried Modelspares?

list HST glazing strips

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Thanks Doug Peter A

Reply to
peter abraham

Unfortunately Barrie regrets that he does not stock glazing strips so the quest is still on!

Reply to
peter abraham

"peter abraham" wrote

Peter,

Hornby do not generally produce spare parts for rolling stock (wheels and coupling excepted) therefore the only likely source of glazing strips for your Inter-City coaches would be to find rough, secondhand coaches and remove them from there.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 25/04/2006 10:24, peter abraham said,

I'm amazed no-one has mentioned East Kent Models yet! I would have done so during what is euphemistically called my lunch break, but as usual the bl**dy phone rang yet again before I had the chance!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

In message , peter abraham writes

Can you not make them up yourself, by cutting them out of clear packaging materials?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

I don't think you will find a supplier of these. I have tried for some time. Best buy up some old bodies from swapmeets and the like. I even tried the Hornby Doctor but he couldn't help.

Andy K

Reply to
SquiddlyDiddly

No, unfortunately. The bars are externally mounted and are a combination of framing and glazing replicating the air con glazing. They are specific to the HST stock.

Reply to
peter abraham

Where would I find them on the internet please Paul?

Peter A

Reply to
peter abraham

"peter abraham" wrote