hornby tender drive

I have several tender drive locos, some of them have developed a
"screeching" noise from the motors and performance is poor.can anyone shed
any light on this
cheers
Ken
Reply to
Ken
"Ken" wrote
Nothing more drastic than dry motor bearings. Just remove the tender body and put a tiny spot of sewing machine (or other *very* light) oil on the exposed armature shaft at the point where it enters the motor housing and behind the spur gear at the other side of the drive unit.
Don't use 3 in 1 or similar oils designed for use on cycles and the like. Peco Electrolube is ok.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
cheers John, the peco electrolube did the trick, although the brushes look a bit dodgy wheres the best place to get replacements
Reply to
Ken
"Ken" wrote
Try your local model shop, but failing that we stock them.
John.
Reply to
John Turner