Latest Hornby A3

Can anyone tell me if the latest A3 from Hornby has the drive in the tender still, or in the body ?

Many thanks

Graham

Reply to
Graham 'Muz'

"Graham 'Muz'" wrote

Still very much tender drive along with the A4s, 9Fs, B17s and Britannias.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In the tender.

Pat

In article , Graham 'Muz' writes

Reply to
Pat Hammond

Oh for Hornby to put a decent body mounted motor in the 9F...I know ModelWorks (?) do a conversion, but you have to buy a complete loco in one, it's not possible to just buy a conversion kit...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Many thanks Pat

You confirmed my suspicions

Can you advise which was the version (silver seal I think) that had the motor in the body. I am looking for a chassis for a kit.

regards

Graham

Reply to
Graham 'Muz'

Many thanks Pat

You confirmed my suspicions

Can you advise which was the version (silver seal I think) that had the motor in the body. I am looking for a chassis for a kit.

regards

Graham

Reply to
Graham 'Muz'

Graham

Ii have a scotsman loco chassis, no tender or body, which i bought as a spare some years ago

It worked last time I looked at it a year ago

Are you interested?

Reply to
old git

Hi Stuart

Yes I would be interested, please could you contact me off list to discuss. Please remove the nospam in the email address

regards

Graham

Reply to
Graham 'Muz'