Lenz 1035 back emf?

Aye, that weren't proper Yorksher, were it?

Yorkshire motto: "Tek 'od an' sup, lad."

Yorkshire creed:

See all, 'ear all, say nowt. Eat all, sup all, pay nowt. An' if tha ever does owt fer nowt, Allus do it fer thissen.

Reply to
MartinS

Excuse me, but I think you will find that 'eckee-thump' is that well known form of LANCASHIRE martial art!!

Peter Bridge

Reply to
BridgeP

"BridgeP" wrote

I think you mean that part of Yorkshire which we've sublet and allowed them to call Lancashire. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

So there is a God out there - somewhere...

Hasta la vista!

David ;-))

Reply to
David F.

Now I use back EMF DC controllers on my double headed trains and achieve good results if the models speeds are matched. Therefore you should be able to match the locomotives so there will run together if the DCC claims are true about speed curves. A better solution is to mechanically match your models and use free wheeling gearboxes, so if one model is slightly faster, it can push the other models without excess load.

You could negate the EMF speed correction by using a low value resistor in series with the motor, but this should be a last resort.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

To much American terminology being used in Aus as well.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

No surprise considering their out of date coarse standards and bad advice in the wagon weight area.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

You know, I mentioned this on one of my North American groups, how UK modellers tend to pooh-pooh NMRA recommended practices and their replies contained such comments as, "This from a nation that promotes the use of mdf for benchwork construction" , "Uses grossly unrealistic chopper couplers", "Wheels like steamroller tires", "Flanges that bounce along code 70 rail", "Model diesels with only one power truck", "Still use three pole, open frame motors", "Where the most popular scale, OO, has the wrong gauge", and various other comments.

Someone else pointed out that there is a degree of elitism among modellers in the UK. Their comment was that because in the UK serious modellers have to spend so much time and effort to either kitbash, kit build, or scratch build the quality of models that we expect from our top of the of the line ready to run manufacturers, that it makes UK modellers feel superior.

Another pointed out that there are so many fine scale "standards" in the UK that finescale modellers argue among themselves which are the finer, fine scale modellers.

So, there you.

Their comments, I like to point out, not mine. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

Would that be the shadow of the World Famous "Cow and Calf Rocks"?? Up that slippery slope they call a 'footpath'!

David.

Reply to
David F.

Actually, I lived on t'other (Keighley) side, but I know the Cow and Calf Rocks well. Walked up there from Ilkley one warm spring afternoon, but the Cow & Calf Hotel wouldn't even serve me a drink of water.

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

Used the Cow & Calf Rocks for rock-climbing in the 1970s and was never refused service by the Hotel.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

This was the 1980s and mid-afternoon. The snack truck wasn't open.

Reply to
MartinS

I found, in general, that the Lancashire Girls are a bit more attractive!

(Hope this doesn't start another War O' t' Roses!).

David.

Reply to
David F.

"David F." wrote

As one who was born and lives in Yorkshire, but whose family has emigrated across the Pennines, I can't help but agree. I love the Lancashire accent, and the lasses (don't have girls in Yorkshire or Lancashire) have a certain something. Must have - I married one!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I don't object to it being "American", just to it's being "wrong".

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

There's nothing really wrong with coarse standards down at the pub with mates on a Friday night - I'm sure the weight standards were set when wagons were printed paper overlays on wooden blocks - I seem to have got rid of all my examples in favour of plastic boxes!

Reply to
Gregory Procter