Lima 60098 RARE!!!

...is avilable on ebay at the moment - shuts in about 5 days!!! this is the one that was produced specially for the BRUSH employees!! search on ebay for

60 098
Reply to
Richard Pearson

Only 24 hours left to get your bids in!!!

Reply to
Richard Pearson

"Richard Pearson" wrote

Any self-respecting modeller, as opposed to toy train collector, wanting such a beast would custom paint their own rather than paying through the nose for some spurious collectable.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Then there's always the toy train collector with no self-respect!

Reply to
MartinS

Well in this case i'm afraid you are both wrong, this locomotive was one my father purchased when working at the Brush on security, I have been running it on my loft layout, he passed away in June so I was selling this particular locomotive with the intention of any funds going towards a fund we have for a memorial bench to be placed on the Shackerstone Railway, the Locomotive sold in the end for £185 and this money minus Ebays wonderful fees will be going towards that cause

I hope this provides an explanation to those so fast to criticise

Ritch

Reply to
Richard Pearson

"Richard Pearson" wrote

Whilst accepting the worthy nature of your particular cause, it doesn't negate my point that any self-respecting modeller would custom paint such a loco if he really wanted same as opposed to the ludicrous collector fraternity that are pricing second-hand items out of the hands of those who maybe cannot afford to buy new.

Not that long ago secondhand items would give a lower priced entry to the hobby for the less well off. Now that opportunity has now all but disappeared and I think the hobby is, and will continue to be, the worse for it.

John.

Reply to
John Turner