"Locomotives in Detail" series...

Amazon is nagging me to buy one of these, are they any good? The covers suggest they contain detailed scale drawings of the prototypes but as my local library doesn't have a copy I can't check for myself. The edition I'm most interested in is the one dealing with the Black Five. TIA.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

On 24/06/2007 22:07, kim said,

I have the 9F version, and it is very good, showing photos of detail I'd never seen before. It does have scale drawings, copyright Railway Modeller/Ian Beattie. I also didn't know that the 9F should really have been a 2-8-2, but became a 2-10-0 because one man pulled rank!

The only way to stop nagging is to do whatever it is you're being nagged to do :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Thanks. I shall probably buy a cheap S/H copy from someone.

(kim)

Reply to
kim