March Whitemoor Open Day - now online

A superb little open day at March this afternoon, with an excellent display of NRs new automated ballast and track-laying kit.

Also a couple of GBRf class 66s, including the naming of 66701 "Whitemoor" and an ex-GER J15 posing as 65420, a former March machine.

Photos can be found at:

X-posted to uk.rec.models.rail as there are some very modelable wagon shots there!!

Regards,

Adam Warr

Electra Railway Graphics

Website:

Railway Photos:

Adam Warr

nice! This pic?

Was that woman wearing a comedy nose?? :)

Pete

Reply to
mutley

And they said Concord had stopped flying!!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I am ashamed it took me so long to work out what was going on there! I was staring at the nose in disbelief for ages before even noticing it was just part of the first 6 in 66701! :)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Cordiner

Never mind that, the town of March has a *MAYOR?!?*

Nice pics anyway Adam, good to see it's as bleak as ever down there. :o)

Reply to
Jim M

"Jim M" wrote

Is that bleak or beak? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It's bleaker there now the marshalling yards have gone

(used to work there)

Reply to
Dave Potter

I suppose it is, especially since H.M.P. Whitemoor maximum security is built on it now. :o(

Reply to
Jim M