Military 08s

Anyone know if the MOD/War Department owned any 08 shunters (or their LMS predecessors) until recently, and what livery/lettering was applied.

TIA.

Reply to
Tim Christian

According to this page

were two LMSR-type 350hp diesel shunters used at Longmoor. No details on livery though.

Cheers, Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts

"M Roberts" wrote in news:dvjggq$bq9$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

Actually from that page, about half way down there's, "The standard loco livery is royal blue lined red, with red rods and yellow lettering. However, on the diesels the lining is omitted."

Reply to
Chris Wilson

I am not sure about the prototype, but I can remember Triang (or Hornby) doing an 08 in a WD livery.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Quite an interesting read, I've seen parts of the systems ground works, and driven some of the lines route as its now the perimeter track (rough road) around the ranges, the whitehill and woolmer yards are almost lost to new tree growth, maybe I'll take a camera sometime.

Reply to
badger