Model Power USA Dock Tank

I've seen US outline Model Power 0-4-0's available in the UK for only GBP

10 and I've been thinking of turning one into a Southern USA tank type loco. It's not at all accurate, but it might be a fun, cheap, project. Does anyone know what their running qualities are like? The other option would be a Hornby International "Iron Horse" type loco, but these don't run all that well and are a bit scarce now. Any thoughts?

Gerald H

It is not a good engine, noisy, imprecise mech. If you are lucky, you will get one that runs reasonably well, but the odds are against it.

MP is an importer aiming at a low price point, much of its product is of indifferent quality, but some is very good - they have imported a very good line of steam locos in N, for example. HTH

A better buy would be a Bachmann 0-4-0T, but it's wheelbase is too short for a Southern USA tank, I think. Haven't got the dimensions handy, sorry.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

South-Eastern Finecast do a white metal kit...

Reply to
Jerry