Model Railways at Loughborough University.

Here's a long shot if you want one. Is there anyone who reads the list that was involved with a model railway club or society at Loughborough University at any time in the last 20 years. I've discovered a model railway layout in the attic of one of the halls of residence and was hoping to restart a club or society at the Uni. I'm trying to determine the original ownership of the layout. Any help greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

A hall with an attic? Hazlerigg or Rutland perhaps? I was a founder member of a spin-off from the Railway Soc, which started building what was hoped to become a rectangular doughnut layout, but that was housed in an upstairs room in the Transport Technology block. They even built a cupboard for us across one end of the room, in which to store it. Still got the track plan somewhere, I think.

This was nearer 30 years ago, mind!

HTH, Francis K.

Reply to
Francis Knight