Model sleeping car bed clothes.

I know that this is a bit OT, but could be of interest to some. The latest Bachmann China HO scale model of the China Railways YW 22b hard class sleeping car comes with a packet containing forty tiny moulded pillows and a similar number of folded blankets. The greatest problem with these accessories is getting the body off the chassis to instal them. This has now been done, with plenty of super glue so the little sods don't come off and rattle around inside. I suspect that this provision of bed clothes could be a first in railway modelling. Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce

Hi Bill

Hard class? What's that then.... no mattresses?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

When I joined Thomas Cook in 1965 we were briefed at the training course on the fixtures and fittings in BR Sleeping Car stock.

An important feature was said to be the hook on which one could hang one's coat.

Has this even been reproduced in 00, I wonder?

Reply to
Brian Watson

Roughly speaking: hard class = 3rd (probably nearest couchettes on trains in the mainland part of .eu), soft class = 1st.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Once saw a superb 'O' scratch built Gresley teak, that had a (highly detailed) blocked toilet!

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
Robt P

:-o There are limits to my modelling, and that goes just beyond them...! ;-)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Surely that 'O' should be a number two?

Reply to
Brian Watson

There is a highly-detailed large-scale model at (IIRC) the NRM of an Indian Railways First Class (or maybe Royal) coach, with both a Western sit-down loo and an Asian stand-up hole-in-the floor one.

Reply to
MartinS

Nearest UK equivalent (at a very rough guess) - the LMS "convertible"

3rd class day/night stock of the 1920s/1930s?

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york