Whens Hornby DCC release ?

The promotion appears to be quite strong so would expect them soon. Even Bachmann have announced what might be considered a spoiler with their new
system. So does anyone know when theyll be in the shops ? Has anyone ordered it yet ?
Cheers, Simon
simon said the following on 01/10/2006 22:43:

And perhaps as importantly, what do the DCC people think of the Hornby system, based on what we've seen so far?
As a non-DCC person, the Hornby system looks to me like a good introduction. I've always been put off by price in the past - this one seems cheap for the spec. What might be missing from this that would be regarded as essential in a more expensive system? Should it work with any decoder (some of my locos have barely enough room for a suppression capacitor, so I'll be looking at third party tiny decoders.)
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and no-one's had a nibble yet.
John.

Potentially the Hornby elite looks to be a good system. I have one reservation with their spec and that's regarding four digit addressing.The Hornby system as per their press release is 001- 127 and this is a problem for experienced users. I would be looking for a second unit to power a study self layout. For beginers, or those looking to convert to DCC maybe a stepping stone to more advanced systems. We await the pudding ! :-)
"Richard Willcox" <richza> wrote in message

The elite can register 254 loco addresses, so unless uses hex perhaps it does have 4 digit addressing. Cheers, Simon

At STEAM a few weeks ago someone asked this at the Hornby stand, the answer was that they were 'expected' in December. The decoder was small and had feed back.
I asked if there was any chance of the Hornby OO live steam locos using DCC and was told that it was feasible to get the 7A required for the boiler from DCC and it was being looked into.
Alan
--
--. --. --. --. : : --- --- ----------------------------
|_| |_| | _ | | | | |_ | snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk

I don't comprehend why there's a need to wait! There is already any number of competent DCC systems on the market at sensible prices; why the need for one with a 'Hornby' label on the Chinese made box?
John
John.

Discounted price 90 and it includes a USB port - thats an extra 40 for some makes. Can anything compete on price/performance ! Simon
Discounted price 90 and it includes a USB port - thats an extra 40 for some makes. Can anything compete on price/performance ! Simon
Try Andrew Crosland's Sprog II - That is USB and you already have a computer !
Link it to Decoder Pro and hey, a backup of any chip is saved, you can program till your hearts content and now you can run it as a multiple controller !
Ok, So not everyone has either a laptop or a home computer next to the railway ???
And it's only 50 USB or 40 seriel port ! Not bad in my book !
** Happy user only - no commision on his sales !! ** Yet ! :-)
--
Andy Sollis
CVMRD Exhibition Manager & CVR Guide book Author

Like the idea, but I need a controller that can push out enough umph to run a few locos at a time. Not into building such things, software no problem, hardware can only plug in. Must admit also want to turn dials and things now and again. Simon
John Turner said the following on 03/10/2006 00:19:

Because others I've seen at similar prices (not that I've looked that hard) look like giant TV remote controls, but the Hornby one looks like a model railway controller. Yup, as shallow as that!
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /
The promotion appears to be quite strong so would expect them soon. Even Bachmann have announced what might be considered a spoiler with their new system.
So does anyone know when theyll be in the shops ?
Hornby Customer Care say November !

Which November? 2008?
--
Martin S.

According to Simon I of Hornsby demonstrating the system at Folkestone Show today, in 10 days, only the 'Select' and the decoders initially, but with the 'Elite' to follow (Only had a dummy of these on show still).