Most elegant UK diesel

1968? 1958!

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

The message from "Roger T." contains these words:

Go for 1948 - then you could see a Duchess storming out of Waterloo!

Reply to
David Jackson

"David Jackson"

Then I'd only be one year old and not interested in trains, or much else for that matter.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

I like 1968ish coz I don't think we have ever had the variety that was around then.

I have photos of a newly converted 33 (to 33/1) in ex-works blue & yellow with a rake of SR Green Mk1s. For the era and area I model, I can legitimately have class 03, 08/9, 15, 16, 20(just about),

22,23,24,25,31,33,35,37,40(at a push),42,44,45,46,47,52,70,71,73,74 and a whole raft of SR EMUs and the occasional 117 DMU. My layout is based on Basingstoke but a bit nearer to London so I get loads of inter-regional stuff into the yard, 2000 ton oilers blasting through with double 37s heading for Ripple Lane from Fawley, Peaks with coal from Toton (where I use my very sexy DBTs) Waterloo-West Of England passenger with warships and occasionally either Western Thunderer or Western Firebrand on XC passenger stuff... and all in a blaze of different liveries, green with small yellow panels, full yellow panels, Maroon western & warship with full yelow ends, blue stuff... Mk1s CCT GUV SiphonG... Merchant Navy class kettles on Bournemouth Pullmans, 9F on Mixed freight or oil... can't really think of any other time period that lets me run just about anything...

My only regret with time & place is I can't chuck a 50 down the rails and a Deltic would have been nice... so much for realism :o)

Reply to
UncleWobbly

The message from "Roger T." contains these words:

Ah! I was seven - and getting shouted at in top infants for standing up in class to watch the trains pulling out of Frodsham station.

Reply to
David Jackson

Have you got a web site where we could see that 33/1?

Reply to
Mike in Sussex UK

Scanning as we speak...

Reply to
UncleWobbly

'tis done

UncleWobbly

Salvé "Mick Bryan" skrev i meddelandet news:c28dbb$rkv$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

Class 29. :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

I can remember travelling up to London KX behind a rather grimy A4 in

1951 for the Festival of Britain. The Underground and Southern Electric were a revelation for an 8-year old - and the trams were still running.
Reply to
MartinS

I was chatting to the lone Hornby/Bachmann vendor at a local train show (in Canada) today, and he told me the hot sellers at the moment are the Q1 and the 50 - even among BR steam era modellers.

He also said that Britannia models from Vancouver hoped to be operating a Live Steam Mallard at the Great British Train Show in the Toronto area on April 24-25. Apparently importers are awaiting safety certification from the Canadian Standards Association.

Reply to
MartinS

Very nice thanks :-)

Reply to
Mike in Sussex UK

"Mick Bryan" wrote

Still have a soft spot for the first batch of production "Peaks" - i.e. class 45/0 with split headcodes.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

yep - a real sweetheart :o)