New Hornby M7 (Straw poll)

Ok the M7 wish list issue has raised its head.( See New Hornby M7 thread. ) And the will it sell or won't it sell issue has come to the front so lets do a "poll" of who would buy it and how many

I'll kick off I would buy it !! how many " 4 "

I may well get this ball rolling on the

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

All the best Steve.

Reply to
The Parkys

"The Parkys" wrote

On a personal basis no interest at all, although it's an attractive prototype - I'd buy - 0

I'd carry in in the shop, but in *very* limited numbers.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I wonder how well it would convert into a L&Y Barton-Wright ... it looks about right no pun intended.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Wasn't this the one with the firebox glow? I fancied one at the time it came out but was put off after hearing it tended to fall off the track 'just like the prototype' (not my comment)

Reply to
Mike

Assuming its been updated... I'd buy 4 or 5. When you model BR(S) in Devon you need as many as you can get ;)

Reply to
John Ruddy

Yes John it would have to be updated to todays standard we have to go forward not back!!!

All the best Steve

Reply to
The Parkys
[ re Triang M7 ]

No, many of the Triang steam loco's had that (certainly the A3 had it), what the M7 had that IIRC was unique was an opening smoke box door.

Reply to
Jerry.

I'd have two. Could just about get away with that.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

"The Parkys" wrote

But would it still have an opening smokebox door and a glowing (Flickering?) firebox? I seem to remember that when the door was opened, you could see the blast pipe and various bits of plumbing. Those were the features which persuaded me to have one on a London Midland region layout, but then I always was a sucker for an entertaining gimmick. Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

Reply to
stephen fackrell

Sorry - none for me.

Reply to
Dave Potter

Express passenger when new, as well.

-- Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales.... Nieveler's law: "Any USENET thread, if sufficiently prolonged and not Godwinated, will eventually turn into a discussion about alcoholic drinks."

Reply to
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN