Departmental Colours

I am attempting to create an engineer's yellow coach/van and would appreciate help with two problems.

Firstly, which of the Phoenix or Railmatch paints best represents the colour?

Secondly, the Fox transfers website confuses me! Is it possible to buy a transfer to recreate the black chevrons on the side of such vans, or will I have to create a stencil to "paint it black"?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Dave Hoskins

Two suggestions:

Cut your own from solid black decal paper or black stripe decals.

Print your own on clear decal paper. For black, I use a laser printer; spray before and after printing with a matt varnish such as Dullcote.

Reply to
MartinS

The Fox chevron transfers are very good. They come as "loco sized" transfers - to be applied as one sheet over the base colour. For my collection of diesel shunters, I often have to cut sections of the sheet and apply these separately, usually over a period of a couple of days. Final finishing off is accomplished with a very small brush and black paint. To let the transfers settle down over any detail, I use Microsol setting solution - I got mine from one of my local model shop.

Have a look at

and
for the end results. These pages should be created in the next few mins!!

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Now loaded! However, you could even try

(blimmin capitals.........................)

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan