Old, very large American Model Railroad

Is there still one at Alton Towers? Shows how long it is since I've been!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

MartinS wrote: [...]

Good site.

Hey, does that big blue engine play at being Gordon?

Reply to
Wolf

Maybe, if they hold Thomas And Friends weekends.

The CCLR claims to have the smallest pub in England, housed in an 8ft square former signal box.

P.S. I also rode on the North Bay Railway, the first time circa 1949.

Reply to
MartinS

Must get mighty, um, cosy in there! :-)

Reply to
Wolf

There is place about 40 miles north of where I live called Northlandz, that claims to have 8 miles of HO track and a 1 mile tour path that winds up and down and round and round. I've been there twice and it takes about 45 minutes to get through it without lingering too much, or a lot longer if one wants. The 30 foot mountains and valleys are very impressive, the bridges huge and the structures seemingly endless. I have maybe 100 photos from the last trip there, although some came out a mit dark because the layout is way to large for a normal flash to be effective. Some of the views are 50 feet long or more, but you never see the whole thing at once, or even half.............you just walk through it.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne L