OT Live 8

Well so far its the Lima of all concerts!

Reply to
Rob Kemp

"Rob Kemp" wrote

What you on about - there's cricket on Sky!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Probably more entertaining!

Reply to
Rob Kemp

In message , John Turner writes

Wot? No rugby league?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

Yup, but don't start until 18.00 :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Wot about Wimbledon? Venus vs Lindsay.

Reply to
MartinS

No doubt Snoop Dogg's performance just made the show's producers fear for their jobs...

Reply to
Rich Mackin

That's even more boring than Live8. I'm sort of interested in Pink Floyd's forthcoming set, but given the lacklustre performances by most of the artistes so far, I'm not holding out for anything special.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Rich Mackin" wrote

Can't be arsed with any of it to be honest, when someone as sadly lacking in talent as Bob Geldorf starts spouting politics I'm afraid my ears dysfunction.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

No doubt Snoop Dogg's performance just made the show's producers fear for their jobs...

Yep, I turned over to the multi screen (on sky) and watched the Moscow concert with the pet Shop Boys... Much more interesting and appealing to my age group. Shame the Beeb dropped the sound half way through... never mind, the rest was worth it (for me) - back to the layout....

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

John, that's terrible news. As just about *everyone* who spouts politics is sadly lacking in talent, this means that your ears will *never* recover their functionality.

What will you do for musical entertainment?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Deep Purple in Canada just finished. They were good.... No layout today :-)

Reply to
Rob Kemp

"Steve W" wrote

LOL - I never thought of it that way, but you're too right of course.

My music library is bigger than my railway library (which exceeds 1,000 books) so I don't think I'll be without. Nothing by Geldorf mind!

Having briefly listened to two or three totally inept Live 8 performances I've now turned the telly off and have turned the Hi-Fi on. Nowt like a bit of Pink Floyd. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

LOL, I'm looking forward to Pink F as well. 6 acts to go!!! Hope they have it on the TV over here. The video on the Laptops a bit iffy Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

In message , John Turner writes

Smetana's "The Bartered Bride" from Glyndebourne is on Radio 3. Much more entertaining.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Ian Gillan.. Singer. Ian Paice... Drums. Roger Glover.... Bass. Not as good as MK2 (railway connection) in my opinion, but still good for old rockers. Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

I met Ian Gillan backstage at a Gillan concert. I also met Ian Paice (and Jon Lord and David Coverdale) backstage at a Whitesnake concert!

So who is guitarist and keyboardist these days?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Guitarist is Steve Morse and Keyboards are Don Airey (Rainbow etc)

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Ahh, I'm looking forward to that, if only to see Gilmour & Waters on the same stage together without an army of lawyers in-between. Otherwise, Ben-Hur, Time Team & the Quick & the Dead have been my watching habits today.

Cheers, Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts

"coz it's exciting for the verterans, and......"

heh... top album but a bit "cutesy" nowadays - hasn't travelled brilliantly.

What is it with actors and singers - think their celeb status qualifies them as oracles on all things.

Tossers most...

Reply to
unclewobbly