OT Live 8

"John Turner" wrote

Must say it all sounded more palatable after four or five pints and a couple of shots of whisky. No wonder the young kids of today all booze and take drugs. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks Rob! I remember Don Airey, but not Steve Morse.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Hmm, another sad sod watching at home.

:-)

I was there (and at Glastonbury the previous weekend) and both were far better than the televised versions.

I speak from the pov of someone who taped both and therefore can make the comparison.

Reply to
Brian Watson

"Brian Watson" wrote

Ever thought there's more to life than trying to see some ageing pop star from 200 yards away?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Psst, sit CLOSER.

-- Brian (Clue Supplier to the gentry)

Reply to
Brian Watson

"Brian Watson" wrote

Lol - that's scrummaging, part of the noble game of rugby!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner"

Or, you can be like me and only go to see ageing pop stars, or young ones for that matter, 'cause you're paid to be there. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

You a stagehand then?

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Roger is a roadie!!! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Rob Kemp"

Please, Theatre Technician. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"Enzo Matrix"

Nope. I'm "Local". I don't travel with the shows but work them when they come into the area covered by my union local..

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Wasn't it a tad damp at Glastonbury?

Reply to
MartinS

D'oh, serves me right for putting the TV at the bottom of the garden! *slaps forehead*

Reply to
Rich Mackin

"MartinS" wrote

Didn't Rod Stewart get booed from the stage for singing 'Sailing'? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Small world. I'm a vidiot engineer. Do mainly corporates but a handful of theater gigs...

Reply to
Rob Kemp

It was Glastonbury, fer goodness sake. Only the press were surprised.

:-))

Reply to
Brian Watson

Yes, but first he was cheered for singing a selection of tracks from An Old Raincoat Will Never Let You Down.

:-)

Reply to
Brian Watson

"Rob Kemp"

It is indeed. I'm the Manager/TD of a 302 seat community theatre, which means I'm the chief cook and bottle washer. I'm also a member of IATSE local 168 so I do shows in the large theatre venues, convention centre, outdoor concerts, arena shows and a little movie work, "X men" was the last movie gig. Royal Lipizzans this coming weekend in the arena. Guess my job will be to shovel the ****. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway