Happy Anniversary, Mallard

Happy Anniversary to Mallard. On 3 July 1938 she set the world speed record for a steam locomotive, which has never since been broken.

Maybe Hornby could release a commemorative pack to mark the event. Of course, there would have to be *two* locomotives in the pack. Mallard for the down run and an Ivatt Atlantic for the return journey! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

errr.

As a habitual lurker, I have often wondered what your sig "I wear the cheese. It does not wear me." means? I don't mean to insult or flame - just curiosity finally got the better.

regards

ZD

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

You are going to be really, really sorry you asked that question :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

LOL I certainly don't take that as an insult or a flame!

I am a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. One episode ("Restless") has the four lead characters experiencing weird dreams while a demon attempts to kill them in their sleep. Athough they have different dreams, all four dream about a little man who taunts them with cheese. In one sequence he turns up with some Kraft cheese slices on his head and proudly proclaims "I wear the cheese. It does not wear me." I think this is some sort of reference to the movie "The Man in the Iron Mask". Whatever, it is just plain weird. In the end, the cheese man has nothing whatsoever to do with the story!

Anyway... given my own liking of cheese, I thought it would be a suitable signature... Bet you're sorry you asked now! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

The odd thing is I always remembered it as something Xander said. I've been meaning to watch the episode again for some time. "Let the vidfest begin".

(kim)

Reply to
kim

LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

glad I asked!!!! :))

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

It appears to me that no mainstream manufacturer has ever done an Atlantic (4-4-2) The only exception I can think of, world-wide, is the old kit from Roundhouse MRC.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Greg Procter" wrote

Hornby did four of them!

All O-gauge, all pre-war and all having the incorrect number of wheels for the loco(s) represented.

Flying Scotsman (which should have been a 4-6-2) Royal Scot, Caerphilly Castel & Lord Nelson (all which should have been a

4-6-0s)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Sorry, I seem to be hard-wired to think in terms of HO and OO!

That Hornby O gauge Atlantic would appear from the overall shape, cab etc to be a French PLM Atlantic finished in "British" liveries.

Regards Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I've a white metal kit for an OO scale GNR Atlantic (Large boiler) somewhere in the place, but cannot remember who it was by. Must try and find it one day. Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce

"Greg Procter" wrote

Ooops, I forgot about the French 'Nord' and 'PLM' varieties and all of the

4-4-2T versions Hornby also produced.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There's also a French maid's outfit, a singing cowboy and a lesbian romp in the back of a camper van.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

There's also a French maid's outfit, a singing cowboy and a lesbian romp in the back of a camper van.

(kim)

Is it not an ice cream van? Or was Zander wearing a ice cream sellers uniform ?

Hmmm, Time for the Buffy fest again me things - Where's the girlfriends box sets ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Ice cream van!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix" wrote > There's also a French maid's outfit, a singing cowboy and a lesbian

Ice cream van!

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Ahhh, so it's not just me mentally locked into a narrow modelling scenario! ;-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

DJH, I expect. They do/did a number of kits for Atlantics.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

"Greg Procter" wrote I've seen fish vans, meat vans, banana vans and even sausage vans, but who makes a model of an icecream van???

Langleys? Seem to do most other bizarre items in OO in white metal. !