Predictions for the new year model releases?

":::Jerry::::" wrote
It's the Spam Cans that want dropping, they rarely sell, whereas the MNs do trickle out through the shop door.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"Badger" wrote
I'd certainly buy 14s and 17s, and already have a 15, but I wouldn't touch an EMU with a barge pole.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
remember
their ND
suppliers.
What about a contract, is their any ND clause in that?
Reply to
:::Jerry::::
In message , John Turner writes
So how am I going to buy one from you, then? I assume you'd want to test it before you sent it to me.
If it's the right sort of EMU (like those that have been mentioned hereabouts recently), I might want two or three. Each.
Reply to
Jane Sullivan
I wouldn't mind a 4-Cig/Big or two on my BR (ER) layout, because weren't they the ones built at York?
A train of 2 or 3 newly built units behind a grubby WD 2-8-0 would look quite good.
Reply to
crazy_horse_12002
Turner
wouldn't touch
Err, no, perhaps behind a grubby 33 (they could work quite a way up the southern end of the ECML) or a 31 - the Cig/Big's that you refer to were built in the early '70's to replace the old central Division Cor's etc. The Kent Coast and western section stock were built in the Southern Regions own works shops IIRC.
Reply to
:::Jerry::::
The 411s/412s were built at Eastleigh, but some 421s were built at York 1964-1965, so *could* have been steam-hauled.
Reply to
Rich Mackin
Division
Hmm, but when you consider that they were air braked and that the 33's could work well past Doncaster without the need for a 'pilot' it seems *very* unlikely seeing that steam was also becoming rare south of Peterbough by then - more likely that they would have been 33 hauled through out.
Also, going back to the original comment about being steam-hauled, I don't think the WD 2-8-0's worked the southern end of the ECML although the WD 2-10-0's did, until about early '63.
Reply to
:::Jerry::::
":::Jerry::::" wrote
Very unlikely. I've only ever seen reports of the 33s working to York with the Cliffe to Uddingstone (not sure on spelling of either locations) cement trains.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Indeed you did, I also expect that the A4's sell well down in these parts, but the J39's probably don't, if you see what I'm getting at? :~)
Reply to
:::Jerry::::
'pilot' it
locations) cement
So the loco's can *work* to York, were the stock in question was built, but you think that it's unlikely that an air brake fitted loco would be sent to collect stock for their own region, hmmmmmm...
BTW, for those who don't know, it was one of the Cliffe to Uddingstone cement trains that derailed and thus caused the fatal crash in which the prototype type 4 'DP2' (that became the class 50's) was damaged beyond repair and written off.
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Site Timeline