Railway Webcam

In message , Dave Potter writes

should keep you busy for a while :-). Some of the Japanese ones even allow you to take control of the camera and pan around.

Reply to
Spyke

This is the other main one that I use. Mostly because it's the station I'm modelling :)

This one has a lot of movement:
a train arrive on preset one, flick to preset 2 and 3 to follow it along the tracks)(or vice versa of course)

Another one:

out the shape of the building on preset 1!!)

Then there's Shinagawa for the bullet trains:

All these links are Japanese so allow for the time difference.

Pete - with thanks to Dave Fossett for finding them all in the first place.

Reply to
mutley

The Euston webcam was running when Railtrack were doing a lot of work on the station a couple of years ago, presumably to show the public how it was getting on, it moved around occasionally but usually provided a good view of the station throat. Unfortunately it hasn't been working for a while

Reply to
Spyke

These are OK, but are there any more streaming video cams like the first one Pete showed us?

Reply to
Rob

The message from Tessy contains these words:

That one's been dead for a while. It was put in while the track was being remodelled, and has now been removed. Some of the others are showing an old picture and are obviously not working during the winter.

There's more at:

(Yes, yes, I know, but he's found a lot of webcams!)

Reply to
David Jackson

"David Jackson" wrote

What's the webcam fascination? I'm afraid TV leaves me totally cold, so an image that changes once a minute is for those with little else to do with their lives.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

I share your views on TV, but I shove a webcam picture in the top corner of the screen (Tehachapi can be good for that, or Llanfairfechan roundabout on the North Wales Coast camera site) and get on with playing Carmageddon...

BTW the NWales site is useful if you're heading for Ffestinog or Caernarfon, for weather and traffic checking:

David Jackson

Many of the webcam links don't work, or want you to download a java application that doesn't seem to work with my Mozilla Firebird browser. The Japanese streaming video cam works just fine with Windows Media 6.4. (It's pretty foggy Thursday at 07:05, no trains in view.)

Reply to
MartinS

The message from MartinS contains these words:

I suspect that the site owners are a bit like many of us: once we've set up the site we go off and play with something else...

Update Firebird to Firefox.

I've been watching container ships going through the locks on the Panama Canal this evening, and some railway activity in Vancouver - all as a background to doing some word-processing/editing

Reply to
David Jackson

The 08:30 express came in, the fog is clearing and it's getting windy.

Reply to
MartinS

Where? One link is titled . . .

Forth Rail Bridge - the famous Scotland rail link between Edinburgh & Dover (also, the18th green at The Home of Golf at St Andrews!) - RESTORED

Must be using the wcml then

Some do work though - worth trying and saving for future use, beats gazing out of the windows, well my window at any rate

Mike

Reply to
Mike

The Japanese one originally quoted:

Doesn't seem to be available right now, though.

Reply to
MartinS