Raven A2 in OO?

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this loco kit thing, and have been making good progress on my Dave Alexander J21 kit. Unfortunately, I've had to temporarily suspend construction due to the lack of solid information on Stockton-sheded J21s other than the 1923 details kindly supplied by Tim Illingworth (IIRC).

While I'm waiting for the J21 Yeadon's to come out, I've been thinking of what I want to buy next to fit in Thorpe Thewles' time period of

1923-1939. I'd like to stick with the ex-NER theme we're developing, so I'm pretty sure I'll buy a DJH Class Z/C7 Atlantic next.

After that, I'm not sure what to buy. I've seen pictures of Raven's A2 Pacific and think it'd make a nice model. Since I'm from Durham I'd like to build it as City of Durham.

Is there a OO kit available for this locomotive, or am I going to have to hack one together using another C7 kit since the A2 allegedly used a lot of the former's parts?

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Not that I've ever heard of. But there are lots of other NER kits out there while you're waiting...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

It may have used common parts for things like bearings and the crank axle, but otherwise none of the leading dimensions match:

(fixed font time...)

C7 A2 Cylinders: 16.5"x26" 19"x26" Boiler diameter: 5' 6" 6' 0" Barrel length: 16' 8.125" 26' 0" Firebox length: 9' 0" 8' 8.75" Pitch 8' 11" 9' 1" Bogie wheel dia: 3' 7.25" 3' 1.25" Coupled wheel dia: 6' 10" 6' 8" Trailing wheel dia:4' 0" 3' 9.25" Wheelbase: 6' 6" 6' 6" 7' 5" 7' 8" 7' 7" 7' 6" 7' 6" 8' 0" 8' 0"

Well, except for the distance between the final coupled axle and the trailing axle.

If you used a C7 kit, you'd use the tender and maybe the leading bogie...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth