Re: Powered vent van

A while back there used to be a "powered vent van" available in OO.

> I'd like to have something similar to this - is there anybody who > still makes these? Alternatively, is there an easy way to motorise an > existing RTR van? I'm thinking in terms of a wheelset that has a worm > gear on it, and pinpoint axles.

That won't work - the pinpoints can't withstand the worm thrust, but there are alternatives (below)

Does such a thing exist? Has anybody > else something like this? A search on the net hasn't turned anything > up.

Black beetle or Spud chassis.

Wheelbases of 24.5mm to 35mm for the Spud, 34,35,40 for the Black Beetle.

Branchlines of Exeter (good telephone mail order service) are one source. Between £26 and £40 depending on variant required.

- Nigel (satisfied customer of Branchlines, no other connection)

Reply to
NC