Retaining walls

Hornby did some acceptable brick retaining walls in the Skaledale range but typical of my luck they are withdrawn and unobtainable.

I need to build a 4mm/OO retaining wall about 1.5m long and rising from 100mm to 125mm then falling to 25mm (approx). Who else does something likely? Any ideas? Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

International Models

or

Jane Sullivan

Thanks, I should have mentioned: I bought some of theirs a while back, they were rather disappointing - basically foam embossed with overscale bricks. Resin casting allows for a much finer brick. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Brick or stone?

If stone then you can do what I did on my last layout by scribing plaster over 3-ply and they didn't just look good they looked bloody good! I used a

1/4" skim of plaster pasted to 3 ply previously painted with diluted PVA. This technique works well for paving slabs as well. Use bog standard multi-finish house plaster. Plaster of Paris dries to hard.
Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , "Just zis Guy, you know?" writes

Hi Guy

Have a look at Scalescenes - in the railscenes section there are several possibilities.

Regards

Reply to
Bill Campbell

do rubber rocks, and I have seen similar in europe. you could surely make your own from a mould? Pourable moulding rubber is quite cheap.

Reply to
bobharvey

Very easy to make your own moulds and cast your own sections.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I will try this if I can get a couple of the level sections as templates. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?