Scale speed

You are quite right, I transposed my K's and M's

Here's how it should read:

Reply to
66class

Predictably, as I sensed upon reading the OP, all the self-appointed Maths experts arrive - complete with egoism's to be lubricated. Many of them seem to writing it quicker than I can shovel it.....

Delighted that none of them were travelling in the LNER dynomometer car in deepest Lincolnshire, enjoying a pleasant downhill jaunt, on a summer Sunday some 69 years ago....

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

Can't see the relationship between 1 minute of arc (lat) and 1 part in 3 x (10) to the power 8 [ no indeces on this uneducated french clavier ]. Peter A

Reply to
peter abraham

oops! did I say "back"? I meant of course the stern... sorry for talking rollocks :o)

Reply to
unclewobbly

So long as you know your starboard from your larboard and your port from your rum!

=8^)

Reply to
Greg Procter

Doh (is the expression I believe), engaged my fingers before my brain checked the OP. Sorry about that.

Well French Mandrake/Mandriva will let you allocate ascii symbols to key combinations, doesn't MS let you do the same?

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Ken Parkes wrote: [...]

No, but there are add-on utilities that enable you to reconfigure the keyboard any way you like.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

You are spot on but I really can't bother my ass these days. I wasted years back in the Word Star days punching out french and german and scientific / tech data. Such heady days!

Peter A Montarlot

Reply to
peter abraham