shunter plans

evening group

can someone recommend a book with drawings of BR shunters in it...something similar to "BR Main line diesels" by Stevens-Stratton & Carter published by Ian Allen

I specifically need plans/drawings for class 07 & 09

cheers in advance

Reply to
unclewobbly

Not a recommendation, but a warning :-)

Don't look at getting Marsden's book on diesel shunters. For quite an expensive reference book, it has plenty of information and photographs on all the BR diesel shunters, but the drawings are diagrams to around 4mm scale and are useless for scratchbuilding or detailing.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Thanks for the warning Jim, I am looking to scratch a 7 so I would prolly got caught (and all cross :o)

Reply to
unclewobbly

On 23/09/2005 20:07, snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com wrote,

Completely off topic, but I've seen this word "prolly" a few times lately. What on earth does it mean??

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Probably?

-- Rod

Reply to
Rod Furey

In message , Paul Boyd writes

It is a phonetic spelling of the way some people say "probably".

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

On 23/09/2005 21:22, Jane Sullivan wrote,

Ah - it's nothing to do with what you put up in the rain then? :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Prolly not. :-)

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Believe me, you would get cross :-)

One of the problems of buying from Amazon - inability to check out the goods before buying.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie