shunter plans

evening group
can someone recommend a book with drawings of BR shunters in it...something similar to "BR Main line diesels" by Stevens-Stratton &
Carter published by Ian Allen
I specifically need plans/drawings for class 07 & 09
cheers in advance
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:42:23 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com wrote:

Not a recommendation, but a warning :-)
Don't look at getting Marsden's book on diesel shunters. For quite an expensive reference book, it has plenty of information and photographs on all the BR diesel shunters, but the drawings are diagrams to around 4mm scale and are useless for scratchbuilding or detailing.
Jim.

Thanks for the warning Jim, I am looking to scratch a 7 so I would prolly got caught (and all cross :o)
On 23/09/2005 20:07, snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com wrote,

Completely off topic, but I've seen this word "prolly" a few times lately. What on earth does it mean??
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /
Paul Boyd wrote:

Probably?
-- Rod

It is a phonetic spelling of the way some people say "probably".
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

Ah - it's nothing to do with what you put up in the rain then? :-)
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

Prolly not. :-)
--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ ***
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:07:37 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com wrote:

Believe me, you would get cross :-)
One of the problems of buying from Amazon - inability to check out the goods before buying.
Jim.