For our colonial friiends

Subject Something to smile at!

Little Billy Ponting was at his local school in Sydney one morning and the teacher asked all the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came out, fireman, policeman, salesman, joiner, captain of industry etc, but Billy was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father is an exotic dancer in a gay club and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes if the offer is really good, he'll go out with a man, rent a cheap hotel room and let them sleep with him."

The teacher quickly set the other children some work and took little Billy aside to ask him if that was really true.

"No" said Billy, "He plays cricket for Australia but I was just too embarrassed to say."

Reply to
John Turner

"No" said Billy. "He plays with his model trains, but I was just too embarrassed to say."

:-)

R.

Reply to
Richard

"John Turner" wrote in news:dguq89$j89$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net:

You surprise me, I wasn't aware that they played cricket in Australia. They ought to put a team together and pop over for a match or two.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Wonderful joke!

Thanks a bunch John.

I see Hants managed to rack up 700+ today/yesterday, but too late after the recent 'gentlemens agreement' involving Kent... we'd already stuffed Shane Warne once in his role with the national team and it was a shame that we had to rub it in as being the best spinner ever to have graced our county championship he did not deserve this 'kicking' as well.

Mark F

Reply to
mark

Ummmm Warne took 40 wickets, if any of the others had been able to bowl consistently England would have been stuffed.

Reply to
estarriol

But they didn't, and that's all that matters in the end :-))

Cheers, Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts

And now they'll have a chip on the other shoulder to match the one they have over Rugby (Union) ;)

Reply to
Rich Mackin

In Canada, the boy's father will play for a hockey team, in the U.S., a baseball or football team.

It's still a good joke.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"estarriol" wrote

Trouble was Warne was probably one of the best Aussie batsmen during the Ashes series too! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner