Signals

Dear all I'm going to start building the station Terminus soon, and will need signals. There is 6 roads and three platforms with a MPD near the throat. Era 1954 - 1964ish, location BR Southern, but entirely freelance!! What would you recommend, semaphore, light and what brands? Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob

welcome to hell Rob

:)

.... or Heaven, de[ending on your perspective.

I believe there will be a LOT of excellent responses to this question. there are so many choices. For me, I really like a combination of lights and semaphores, which I "believe" you may be able to have on yours. I am currently researching scratchbuilding them. Initially, (2 days ago) I bought a Ratio Semaphore kit to use as my pattern. For lit signals I used a CDA product, though am uncertain you can get them in the UK.

will watch with interest your progress!

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Thanks a lot, actually I'm not (unfortunately) in the UK, so I have to rely on the internet. Not many retailers have web pages with pics as per Hattons, so the list type web site don't help much Rob

I bought

Reply to
Rob

Have you tried the Model Signal Engineering website at

?

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

The message from "Rob" contains these words:

Try this link

Colin Reeves

If it's on the 3rd rail system than make life easy, go for colour light signals, the Eckon range will look about right for platform starters and home signals (with a fake route indicator) on the station approach. If you need route splitting signals then use the twin or triple head signals rather than the 'feather' type. Shunt signals could be either miniature ground two aspect colour light signals or the normal shunting disc.

BTW points could have been controlled via point rodding or via electric point motors.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

nor am I

Steve Kilmore, Victoria, Australia

Reply to
mindesign

Thanks, I did but no dates were mentioned in regard to my time frame Rob

Reply to
Rob

Yes I did, but the only pics were single pole types. I think I will be needing a gantry or 2. Anyone have any pictures of their stuff as gantrys? Rob

Reply to
Rob

"Rob" wrote

Rob, if you email Andrew at

I'm sure he'll give you lots of help, but note that he supplies only parts to make signals, or alternatively fully built handcrafted models.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

You time frame is a bit of a transitional period for signalling but if I were you I'd go for semaphores. Alan Gibson does a nice range. If you mail him with your requirements I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Ratio do a gantry kit that you may be able to use . Their LNER lattice post signal kits might make a close approximation of LSWR (I think) posts by replacing finials and such like with parts from MSE. They also do SR rail built posts.

HTH Ian

Reply to
Ian Clarke